The Wildernesse Estate
The Wildernesse EstateThe Estate lies on the northeast boundary of Sevenoaks and encompasses part of Seal Parish. At its centre lies the historic Grade 11 listed Wildernesse House and surrounding parkland.
The Estate is bounded by Blackhall Lane, Seal Hollow Road, the A25 and Park Lane and It's history can be traced back to 1327. In 1680 the first Wildernesse Mansion was built with an enclosed deer park. It was subsequently further developed and owned by notable personages including Lord Camden and Lord Hillingdon. The Estate was sold in 1924 and the area surrounding the parkland divided into large plots to create an exclusive estate of individual houses, in many cases designed by notable Arts & Crafts architects, including M.H.Baillie Scott. The private roads of the Estate consist of Wildernesse Avenue and Seal Drive, Woodland Rise and Parkfield. To ensure that the Estate would retain the original vision, it is governed by Covenants whose restrictions include that there be only one house per plot. Trustees are appointed in each road to implement these Covenants.
The Wildernesse Residents Association (WRA)
The Association was formed in 1996 in order that the residents could join together to further protect the area, an example of which was that which led to the establishment of the Wildernesse Conservation Area in 1998.